You know you're in vet school when...
1. Can casually describe the different types of diarrhea over a meal (pätee myös pissaan, oksennukseen ja raatoihin).
2. Are confused when people are disgusted when you talk about sheath cleaning or AI.
3. Feel like you are better than an MD student, but get less respect ("Real doctors treat more than one species..." :D No ei, vaikka normilääkis ei ois kyllä yhtään mun juttu, niin arvostusta riittää kyllä siihenkin suuntaan!)
4. Have told many astonished strangers that vet school is a 4 year program after undergraduate (5 1/2 for non-US/Canada schools) (Meillä jopa kuusi vuotta! )
5. Can identify the four compartments of a ruminant's digestive tract but can't remember what you had for dinner the night before.
6. Can barely recall your family's faces. Does Joe have blue or brown eyes?
7. Can't decide whether being taught reproductive anatomy counts as beastiality or not.
8. Can debate with classmates over what animal shit smells the worse (PIG!).
9. Start seeing neural deficiencies in your pets after taking neuroanatomy.
10. Are constantly updated of the relationship status of every male in every year.
11. Have free pet food from every company on the planet stored up in a dark corner "just in case".
12. Buy a new pack of highlighters every week.
13. Think coveralls and rubber boots are an acceptable fashion (Just pääsin hehkuttamasta turvasaappaita! :D)
14. Wish they made stethoscopes that blocked out the sound of hair, purrs, and growls.
15. Don't have any qualms with the idea of euthanasia for your patients.
16. Scrubs are an acceptable fashion statement
17. Going to bed is not an option (!!!)
18. You hear the acronym OCD and think "Are they referring to a compulsive disorder or some bone lesion?"
19. You spend more time at school than at home (Ei vielä prekliinisessä vaiheessa sentään :)).
20. You're no longer excited about vet school and all you can think about is graduation (Hui, ei toivottavasti siinnä lähitulevaisuudessa...).
21. Have been told numerous boring pet stories by complete strangers once they realize you want to be a vet (En nyt tylsistä tiedä, mutta muuten pitää kyl paikkansa, etenkin baarissa :D).
22. Are sick of saying, "No, I can't diagnose your cat's problems yet." (!!!)
23. Realize you won't make any money when you graduate because you have promised way too many friends and relatives free pet health care. (!!!)
24. Know that no situation after vet school will ever be more stressful than being in a room for 8 hours a day with the same 80 females.
25. Everyone knows your business before you do.
26. You realise that once you graduate, being a 'doctor' doesn't mean you're going to be rich (No jaa, toivottavasti kuitenkin vähä rikkaampi ku nyt ;)).
27. You think you have every zoonosis after learning about it (hookworm anyone?)
28. You only attend social functions if the alcohol is cheap or free (Eiköhän päde kaikkiin opiskelijoihin enemmän tai vähemmän...).
29. You have convinced yourself that goon "isn't that bad, really!" and goon punch is reserved for special occasions
30. When you identify each and every muscle in your bucket of KFC. (=Kentucky Fried Chicken)